Be Prepared for “Why are you selling?”
There are different reasons why homes are sold, some genuine and some for all the wrong reasons. Any prospective buyer will be curious as to why you want to sell or dispose of your home if it has all the great qualities marketed. The first question they will ask you or your agent is “Why are you / is the owner selling?”
This is understandable since they do not want to purchase a troublesome or risky home. Your answer to their genuine concerns is fundamental in their making a decision as to whether they will buy or not. Without a good answer, buyers will imagine the worst.
Some of their concerns might include:
- The condition of the place, whether it’s falling apart
- What kind of a neighbourhood it is and the type of neighbours present
- Is there any rubbish dump or highway planned for next door?
Providing a genuine reason for leaving that inspires confidence in the buyer is essential to your marketing strategy. Your story may be because:
- You are moving to be closer to family
- You are moving to be closer to work
- Your family has grown and you hence require a bigger house, etc.
Your goal is to ensure your potential buyers’ expectations are met and they are comfortable with their decision to buy your home. Be as transparent and open with the marketing of your home.
Give them all the background information they need to explain your genuine reasons for moving in a way that is assuring and transparent to prospective buyers.
Selling Property Tips
- Why you should know the value of your home.
- Using an agent vs selling your property yourself.
- How to find a good real estate agent.
- Expect your agent to ask these questions.
- Advantage of Exclusive Listing.
- Auction vs Private Treaty.
- Increase your property’s value on a shoestring.
- 5 Tips when selling.
- 4 Steps to properly price your property.
- Be prepared for “Why are you selling?”.
- Why aren’t you getting offers.
- When should I consider dropping the price.
- 5 Considerations before downsizing.
- Preparing your home for professional photography.
- Marketing Essentials for Selling your home.
- 13 items home inspections should cover.