How to Find a Good Real Estate Agent
There are indeed a lot of real estate agents out there. How do you select one who will have your best interest at heart before their own need to make a name for themselves and get a commission? The following steps will help you source and evaluate potential real estate agents so you can pick the most suitable to sell your property.
Firstly make a list of all the agents you perceive to be most active. They will be on most of the property listings; friends and family might also recommend some. Collect as much information available online, via phone calls and the local newspaper and then start to drill down by contacting the agents directly.
Information to collect from the newspapers, online and the real estate office:
- How often do they turn the “For Sale” signs into a “SOLD” one (check their online profiles or ask for a list from their office of what they have sold in the past 12 months)
- How often have they been working in the industry, what sales were for similar properties and what price range did they sell for?
- What marketing strategies do they use (flyers and brochures in letterboxes, professional photographs, virtual tour software, database marketing and social media marketing)
- The strength of their database, and how effectively do they use it (how large is it and what is their conversion rate for campaigns to leads and sales?)
Information to collect directly from the agents themselves:
- Where do they live, how long they have lived there and why?
- Are they conversant with the evolving marketing trends of recent years, especially due to the incredible impact of digital communication technology
- Do they have a network of trusted trade and professional suppliers who can assist you in preparing your home for sale?
- How long does it take them to sell your kind of property?
- How many prospective buyers do they have for your kind of property?
- What marketing methods would they use for your property?
- What would their fee be at the end of the sale?
Be sure to engage with the best sales agent who displays professionalism and a passion for what they do and gives results for homes or properties in your category.
Selling Property Tips
- Why you should know the value of your home.
- Using an agent vs selling your property yourself.
- How to find a good real estate agent.
- Expect your agent to ask these questions.
- Advantage of Exclusive Listing.
- Auction vs Private Treaty.
- Increase your property’s value on a shoestring.
- 5 Tips when selling.
- 4 Steps to properly price your property.
- Be prepared for “Why are you selling?”.
- Why aren’t you getting offers.
- When should I consider dropping the price.
- 5 Considerations before downsizing.
- Preparing your home for professional photography.
- Marketing Essentials for Selling your home.
- 13 items home inspections should cover.