Increase Your Property’s Value on a Shoetstring
You don’t need to invest thousands of dollars in your property to increase it’s value in the eyes’ of potential buyers. You just need a bit of time and and elbow grease, possibly a small investment to pay someone else to do the work for you. Here are nine low-cost steps you can take to increase the perceived valued of your property:
- Spend some time in the yard
Mulch the Gardens, Fertilise the Grass, and Trim the Hedges. This creates a first impression of a home well loved.
- Give the exterior a wash down
Wash the exterior, remove the cobwebs, remove the dirt, pressure blast the driveway.
Give the entry a lift
- Paint the Front Door and Front Trim. This is often the most ‘worn’ area of the house.
Remove stains on floors
- Hire a professional floor stain removal company. To lift the home’s appeal, you want the floors to present as spotless.
Reseal water areas
- Re-caulk around Taps, Pipes and Shower heads.
Remove ALL clutter
- Less is more when it comes to selling your home. Your home will feel larger and relaxing when ALL clutter is removed.
Fix up minor maintenance issues
- Spray WD40 on squeaky doors (including the garage door). Replace broken light bulbs. Fix leaky taps.
Carry out a deep clean across the entire property
- This can make a surprising difference to your home’s value. Clean every surface including the drawers, cabinets, closets and cupboards. If you are not up to doing this job yourself, professional home cleaners are fast, efficient and can be surprisingly cheap!
Get the roof professionally cleaned
- It will cost more than all the other 8 ways, combined. However a sparkling roof lifts the appeal of the entire property
Selling Property Tips
- Why you should know the value of your home.
- Using an agent vs selling your property yourself.
- How to find a good real estate agent.
- Expect your agent to ask these questions.
- Advantage of Exclusive Listing.
- Auction vs Private Treaty.
- Increase your property’s value on a shoestring.
- 5 Tips when selling.
- 4 Steps to properly price your property.
- Be prepared for “Why are you selling?”.
- Why aren’t you getting offers.
- When should I consider dropping the price.
- 5 Considerations before downsizing.
- Preparing your home for professional photography.
- Marketing Essentials for Selling your home.
- 13 items home inspections should cover.