Marketing Essentials: Professional Photography
The quality of the photos your agent uses to market your home is critical since potential buyers form their first impression of your home within the first eight seconds of seeing your property, be it in real life or in photos.
Ensure you use photos that will display a high quality of presentation for your home.
While photo quality can reflect the unwillingness of a homeowner to invest in this aspect of marketing, an exceptional agent will insist on professional images knowing they contribute significantly to a successful sale.
· Insist on a professional in property photography and ask to see examples before giving the go ahead
· Have your home fully staged when photos are taken (See ‘Staging Your Home for Sale’, the Staging Archives)
· Include a mix of indoor and outdoor shots
· Include pole or high view photography
· Ensure proper lighting, either natural or synthetic and
· Request your agent publish a full set of photos online, showing your home inside and out.
· Do not take your own photos unless you are a skilled photographer.