Why you should know that value of your property
Do you know the dollar value of your home? Do you know how much of that value belongs to you? A number of key decisions can be made more wisely with the benefit of this knowledge.
Your home may be under-insured:
If disaster were to strike, would your insurance cover the losses? In Queensland, a state known for storms and wildfires, many devastated homeowners have learned the hard way that their homes were under-insured.
Your legal will may not reflect the true value of your asset:
Most homeowners want to leave an inheritance for their family and loved ones. With the family home often being your biggest asset, it’s important to know its value so you can update your will accordingly.
You may be missing financial leveraging opportunities:
Could home equity be put to use in financing your children’s education? Or could it be used to fund a business? A more active retirement plan? Home improvements?
Selling Property Tips
- Why you should know the value of your home.
- Using an agent vs selling your property yourself.
- How to find a good real estate agent.
- Expect your agent to ask these questions.
- Advantage of Exclusive Listing.
- Auction vs Private Treaty.
- Increase your property’s value on a shoestring.
- 5 Tips when selling.
- 4 Steps to properly price your property.
- Be prepared for “Why are you selling?”.
- Why aren’t you getting offers.
- When should I consider dropping the price.
- 5 Considerations before downsizing.
- Preparing your home for professional photography.
- Marketing Essentials for Selling your home.
- 13 items home inspections should cover.